Friday, October 24, 2008

I'm in a Company Of Thieves...

WOW. WOW. WOW. WOW. WOW.
one of the best live shows I've been to...ever.
I scouted out this band about a year ago simply based off the recordings I heard from their Myspace.  I was really captivated by the lead singer's voice...it's truly something special.  But then seeing her and the band perform live tonight...it just went from special to magical.  Their recordings really good and still don't do them justice to what they can capture in a live show.  They had the entire room up on their feet dancing, clapping, and singing along by the end of the show.  Unfortunately, the label I pitched them to (not to mention names but...ahem...Columbia) passed on them and they ended up signing to Wind Up Records about three weeks ago...which
 ironically goes through Sony Music Ent. to distribute their products.

Anyway, enjoy them.  love them.  support them.  Their record is going to debut in February 2009.
[By the way...the stunning lead singer Genevieve is only 21.  Makes me wonder what I'm doing with my life...besides writing in blogs haha.]
::In this part I would normally put down what I believe to be the key tracks...but this band is just so good that I can't really necessarily choose one.  However, my personal favorite is In Passing::

>.<



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your blog ; )
i want to start one now...

Kev said...

BLOGGGGG